Today was an action packed lunch hour for the youth attending the Leaders Creating Future Leaders program, a partnership between TRIP (The Regina Intersectoral Partnership), Conexus Credit Union and Regina Crime Stoppers.
The event started with a message from our Chief Evan Bray who stated, “I know we have some great future leaders in this room and in fact we are hiring”. Chief Bray assured the youth Regina Police Service (RPS) will be hiring 10 years from now. He encouraged them to be part of his RPS team and remind him of today, when he shared these words of advice:
- Positive Attitude – Be positive about life’s experiences and stand up to negativity and peer pressure.
- Perseverance – Don’t ever give up. Quitting is easy, don’t let yourself give up on you.
- Commitment – Mistakes are part of life. Ask what you can learn from your mistakes. Stay committed to school and the organizations & activites you love.
- Overcoming Adversity – Have a can do attitude. Life will have challenges, believe in yourself.
- Excellence – Excellence is an attitude. It dosen’t mean you have to be excellent, but do your best at everything you do.
- Treat Peaple with Respect – Treat people, living things and property with respect. People may not remember what you say but they will remember how you make them feel.
Following these words of wisdom the youth received bags and cameras from Conexus Credit Union. The youth could use the cameras to take pictures which will go into a photo album at the end of the year.
Police Service Dog Jaeger and Cst. Sabo joined the party to take some pictures and make new friends, followed by a KFC Chicken meal.
Then, to finish off the day, the youth were able to tour the jail cells in the basement of Regina Police Station. One youth was overheard saying, “That was interesting but I never want to be stuck in there”.
Leaders Creating Future Leader Photo Gallery
Regina Police Station, November 2016